All I have to say about these is that they were a happy accident. Sometimes things just work!
1 1/4 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cacao or dutch cocoa
1 tablespoon espresso (can be instant or from a machine)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
sprinkle of salt
3 soaked and drained dates
2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa
1 teaspoon espresso
2 tablespoons almond milk
salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together all the ingredients for the biscuits and place between two sheets of baking paper. Roll the dough out until it is about 1 centimetre thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the biscuits into whatever shape you fancy. I used egg moulds (Is that what they are called?) because I am so atrociously lazy that seeking out the proper alternative was too overwhelming.
3. Pop the biscuits in the oven for around 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, process the ganache ingredients in your food processor aka godsend, until an icing type consistency is reached.
5. Spread the biscuits generously with the ganache, top with fruit if desired, and eat the whole lot yourself as you watch the latest Game of Thrones/Cooking Safari.