I have always been intimidated by making raw desserts. The amount of dates in them is generally quite overwhelming, not to mention all the soaking and freezing and faffing. Enter the simple and speedy version, with a conservative amount of dates, and a conservative amount of faffing.
4 teaspoons of peanut butter
4 dates, soaked
1 tablespoon of coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons cacao
1 tablespoon maple syrup
pinch of salt
1. Put your jar of peanut butter into the freezer until it is hard enough that you can scoop out half a teaspoon and roll it into a small ball. Repeat until you have eight balls. Pop the balls back in the freezer to harden for about 20 minutes.
2. Blitz the soaked dates, coconut milk and a pinch of salt until a caramel like paste forms.
3. Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and dip generously in the date caramel. Return to the freezer until they feel firm to touch.
4. Melt the coconut oil and mix in the cacao and maple syrup, and add a pinch of salt.
5. Remove the balls from the freezer (again, sorry) and dip them in the chocolate. As you go, you will notice that the chocolate congeals very quickly. Which is perfect really, because once you have dipped them in the chocolate, you need to layer the chocolate until there is none left! When there is none left, you can pop them in the freezer again for five, or eat them straight away. It goes without saying, please store them in the freezer!