Let's get down to business, because as much as I like to think otherwise, you aren't here for my witticisms. Which is probably a good thing, considering I have no suitable witticisms to accompany this banana bread. Cue, cutting to the chase.
3 ripe bananas, 2 mashed and 1 cut in half lengthways
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup potato flour
3 tablespoons maple syrup
50g dark chocolate of your choice, chopped
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup blueberries (frozen are fine)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, leaving the baking soda and apple cider vinegar until last.
3. Grease a loaf tin with butter or olive oil spray and add the contents to the tin. Arrange the sliced banana on the top, and then pop into the oven.
4. Cook for around 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Skewer is such a forgettable word, I have to stew on it every time it comes to writing 'bamboo-ish stick that you poke in cakes to find out if they are ready.'
5. If you fancy, melt 20g of your chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil, and drizzle over the loaf. Fancy.